Monday, April 30, 2012
This idea sprang from my garden marker idea. I thought it would be cute and inexpensive to make seed flags as our wedding favors.
Time: 30 minutes for 30 flags
1. Make sure all seeds have fallen to the top of the packet
2. Fold the bottom of the packet and spread hot glue down the fold
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Elastic (I found mine at a thrift store for 25 cents...BAM!)
Fabric (Mine was on sale at Hancock fabrics for $2 a yard.) The original width of the fabric was a perfect fit around my bottom, and I needed about a yard for the length.
1. Wrap elastic around your waste and cut to fit
2. Sew fabric to elastic (You will have over-hanging fabric if your waist is smaller than your hips)
3. Wrap fabric around you and pin (I was able to do alone, but I'm pretty flexible ha)
4. Pin out slit if you want one
5. Hem all sides
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Our backyard slopes directly onto a public walking trail. Before our updates, everyone and their brother running beside them had a straight view down to my sunbathing and dog-playing zone. Now thanks to about 6 months of on again off again work from my sweet stepdad and fiance, we finally have some privacy and landscaping beauty!
The planting looks a little sparse right now, but hopefully it will fill out next spring. :) Either way, we think it looks so beautiful!