|Upcycled Thanksgiving Chalkboard Placemats|
This has been one of the best ideas I've had in a while if I do say so myself! Frankly, Thanksgiving is my least favorite holiday (divorced parents= 10 thousand different places to be with 10 thousand extra calories) , so I've made it a point this year to try to be more in the spirit by making some new Thanksgiving decor. While at a thrift store yesterday, I came across some rather ugly, but very cheap (.25 cents) set of placemats.
Time: 2 hours including drying time
1. Ugly placemats (I think my mom had some of these at one point in time lol)
2. Spray paint
3. Craft paint
4. Chalkboard spray paint (at Lowes or Wal-Mart)
8. Kiltz Primer
9. Metallic Sharpie or Paint Marker
5. Gather leaves and paint the back side (has more prominent veins) desired color.
9. Express what you are thankful for :)
Thanks for thhis blog postReplyDelete