Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Upcycled Craft Night Bag



After 
This past Saturday, I went to a workshop by Stay Makes Cents. As parting gifts, she gave us these useful grocery bags:



Inspired by her talk on saving money, I decided not to purchase a much needed craft-bag to carry to my monthly Whichcrafters meeting (I've been hauling supplies in Wal-Mart bags for 6 months). Instead, I made my own out of our free grocery bag!

Time: 15 minutes

Supplies:
Recycled grocery bag 
Paint
Fabric scraps
buttons
hot glue gun (or sew) 

Steps:
1. Tape off the area that you want to cover
2. Paint area
3. While paint is drying, make a fabric flower (click here for the directions that I followed)
4. Glue flower on bag and decorate with buttons. 
5. Paint the words "Create" or "Make" or "Crafty" on the bag 
6. Let dry and then it's ready to go! 

1 comment:

  1. Well that is just stinking cute. :-) I love upcycled things!!!

    ReplyDelete