Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Upcycled Sleeping Mat into a Headboard


Our king size bed really needed a headboard, and I had full intentions of making one since May, but the   hassle of measuring and getting the wood cut at Lowes turned my intentions into procrastination. However, just so happens that my sleeping prima donna (husband) , decided to throw out my little one-man camping mat since his highness needed a fancy air mattress for camping ;)  Never fear though,  I snatched it back and made this handsome headboard out of it. :)

Time: 15 minutes (I know, crazy fast project)

Supplies:
Old sleeping mat
Cloth
Push pins
Hot Glue gun


Steps:

1. Cut mat to size if need be

2. Cover front of mat with fabric and hold in place with push pins (if you use decorative ones, you can leave them in)

3. Flip over, pull fabric tight, and hot glue to back
4. Nail to wall
This is the before picture above, and...


This is the after. I like how it anchors the room with the black.

Also, I finally framed my $5.00 prints as you can see in the picture. I am ON it this week!

8 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job on the bedroom! IMPRESSIVE!

    Karen in Missouri

    ReplyDelete