Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Just Married Umbrella


Ok, this project isn't upcycled, but it was the best 19.75 I've spent for something new in a long while  :)

We are back from our honeymoon (lots of wedding posts and pictures to come....an AMAZING day), and this umbrella is still being used simply because it makes me giddy every time I use it. First of all, we just happened to be visiting Savannah, GA and Hilton Head, SC the same time Beryl  decided to drop in. We were surprisingly blessed with mostly clear weather though...so clear in fact, that we almost didn't get to use our Just Married umbrella that I made and adore! Beryl did give a us one evening of showers however, so Aaron was a great sport and a perfect gentleman and carried our umbrella for us. We had a ball with it! Everyone on the streets would get a big smile on his or her face when they passed us, and a lot of people wanted to take pictures for us and give us their congratulations  :)

Supplies:
1 Clear Bubble Umbrella (I got mine from Amazon)
White duct tape

Directions:
Cut tape in blocks then cut in half length wise
Form letters on umbrella

I thought that the duct tape wouldn't stay very long on the umbrella, but even after multiple uses, it's still holding strong. I debated whether paint would work better since it took a while to form the letters, but I'm glad that I went with the tape since I can take it off (if I ever have the heart to) and use the umbrella for regular use.

 I got this idea from this picture on Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment