Saturday, February 11, 2012

Petal Toss


Time: About 1 hour for 30 cones

Supplies:
Coordinating scrapbook paper (I used a pack from Wal-Mart that was $5.00)
Paper doilies (I found mine at Michael's for $2 a pack)
Ribbon or twine
Glue

Steps:
1. Role paper into a cone
2. Secure with tape or glue (I used tape because the doily will cover it)
3. Fold doily around cone and secure with glue (I used hot glue because it's quicker)
4. Tie ribbon or twine around entire thing

5. Fill with petals!
I want to add some type of cute message on them, but I haven't decided what to add. Some options are:

"Take the petals and toss them high while the happy couple walk down the aisle"
or
"Flower girls suck, please be our stand in" ;)

Now you know why they don't say anything yet.....

*note that I don't really think flowers girls suck. If fact, I think they are darling. That is the problem, much too often, flower girls steal the show and take the attention away from the bride and groom.

Any suggestions of what to write on the labels??? Please leave a comment if you do! 

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I'm too late, but what about:
    Shower us with flowers!
    or
    Rice is for dinner and
    Seeds are for the birds, but
    Flower petals are for Aaron & Ashley!

    ReplyDelete