Thursday, April 12, 2012

Trail Path


Our backyard slopes directly onto a public walking trail. Before our updates, everyone and their brother running beside them had a straight view down to my sunbathing and dog-playing zone. Now thanks to about 6 months of on again off again work from my sweet stepdad and fiance, we finally have some privacy and landscaping beauty!

You can't see the running trail from the before picture, but believe me, I've seen one too many skinny legged shorty short men running by over the past two years. The thing we still laugh at is when my stepdad was helping put the fence up, he kept saying to Aaron "and there's another reason why we shouldn't be doing this" every time a pretty woman would walk by. haha

I'm not going to lie, doing the landscaping portion of this was a B. We spent our whole spring break digging steps (not we on that, Aaron), laying landscape material, placing stone, spreading landscape, and planting.
The planting looks a little sparse right now, but hopefully it will fill out next spring. :) Either way, we think it looks so beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment